Monday, August 16, 2010

My New Obsession

This summer I took up a new hobby. I love refurbishing broken or old furniture. Now seeing I can't thread a bobbin couch cushions or anything dealing with fabric are out of the question :)

My uncle passed recently and I he had a lot of nice things except they were somewhat broken or missing a critical piece. My first piece was a wrought iron table without a top. This is what I did with it.





I wanted to take a piece of the Arizona sunset and scenery wherever I go.

My next project was a wrought iron swinging bench that really didn't have a flat surface to sit on.



The table you see behind the bench also did not have a top so I fixed that and gave it to my Aunt.


My Uncle also had this coffee table from Mexico. It was light wood and one of the doors that opened was broken off and so was one of the feet to the table. I fixed both of those and stained it.


I will be staining two more end table to match that are also from Mexico.

1 comments:

sdmyers said...

Love it! The tile is awesome!